Monday, February 27, 2012

Design Wall Monday–February 27, 2012

I have something new on my design wall today.  This is the border pieces for my second shop hop quilt made from the wonderful line called “Stitched in Color”.

I finished the Reunion quilt and it is in the “to be quilted” stack. 

I had planned on using the plaid for the first border but it is so wonky that I don’t think it will work.  Instead I will use it for the corner blocks and use the one on the right for the borders.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times and check them out.

Melinda

6 comments:

  1. Your quilt is going to be so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very happy quilt! I love the plaid but I think you're right about not using it for the border. What about maybe on the bias for the binding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so nice and cheery. I agree with Teresa, that plaid for the binding would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy and bright quilt. I like the plaid but agree that the wonky would be troublesome! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very happy fabric line...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried a plaid for a border once and had the same problem. I finally used up some of my plaids with the cats. This quilt has that "homespun" look that maybe my grandma made for her bed. Like it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails