Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Wall Monday–February 20, 2012

My design wall is in Georgia and I am in California so I have a design floor today.  I finally finished the fly stitch on my Winter Wonderland top – the embroidery is completely done.  Next are the star blocks for the borders.  I have most of the cut out and in little kits for each block.  Perhaps at retreat next month I can devote the time to work on them and finally get this top finished.

I know it is wrinkled and will look much better when pressed but I am pleased that it made it this far.  I worked on it on the plane and then finished it on Saturday here at my daughter’s house.

By the way, my grandson is sewing – here he is.

He is making hamster stuffies.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Love that little guy. Your Winter Wonderland is looking wonderful. Can't wait to see it once it's finished. Give Emilio a big kiss and hug from Aunt Robin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo-hoo on the snowman quilt! LOVE seeing your grandson sewing-that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that snowman quilt. It will be lovely when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winter Wonderland looks terrific -- almost as great as your sweet little grandson stitching away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will love that quilt when it's all done!

    Fun to see your grandson sewing. My son does some sewing too. My brother made covers for his drums when he was in jr. high. Yea for the men who sew!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails