Sunday, April 25, 2010

Working on Class Sample

I am working on a class sample for my Beyond Beginner class.  It is a series of five classes and I have finished samples for four of them.  I need to finish one for the second class of the group.

Here is one of the blocks I finished this morning.

This block is quite large – I think it finishes around 20 inches.  I am making four of the blocks, with borders the quilt will be somewhere around 60 inches square.  The quilt in the book has nine blocks and finishes at 81 inches square but I think the smaller size will be fine.  The fabrics are batik.

I am teaching the fourth class tomorrow night – the focus is on paper piecing.  Here is the sample I made for it.

In the book this is a four large block wall hanging.  I cut it down to two blocks for a table runner.  This one is made from 30’s reproductions which aren’t my favorite but will look great on my kitchen table. 

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I think a big block quilt would be fun to do. Tiny Stitches has some nice classes! Karmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful block!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails