Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Nine Patches in Progress

I have been making nine patches from five inch charm squares of black and white fabric.  I have 20 of them made and am getting ready to cut them apart, insert sashing and sew them back together again.

Here is the sashing I have picked out.

If all goes well, the sashing will have a woven look when finished and you won’t be able to recognize that the blocks started out as nine patches.  Wish me luck!

I am teaching this summer in Las Vegas and I need to get this sample made so I can get the supply list ready.  It works in my head so let’s hope it works in fabric.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I love your fasbric choices! Can you tell me any details about Vegas? Curious about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Melinda !

    I am doing a dear jane medaillon version and I would really like to know how to make the woven look sashing. Do you know where I can find that ?
    Thank you for your kind help,

    Lynda Murphy
    murphydemers@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails