Friday, May 29, 2009

Purse Class

We had a purse class on Tuesday and thought I would finally post some of the pictures. Andrea taught the bag – she adapted it from a class she had taken at her sewing guild.

It is a takeoff of the rag quilts that most of us made a few years ago.  Actually, I wouldn’t mind making one for myself.  I gave away all the ones I made.

Anyway, the most difficult part of this bag is remembering to sew the seams on the outside of the bag.

0509 Purse Class 1

0509 Purse Class 2

0509 Purse Class 3

0509 Purse Class 4

0509 Purse Class 6

0509 Purse Class 7

0509 Purse Class 8 

It will be fun to see all of them after they are completed.  Most people finished them except for clipping all the seams and throwing them in the washing machine and dryer.  I should see several completed ones next week.

I didn’t make a bag but might later.  I got the pattern and if I don’t lose it, I can make it on my own.  I was busy marking the squares for my kiwi zinger.  Speaking of that quilt, I only have 8 more blocks to make.  I made 8 more this morning before going to guild meeting.

Melinda 

1 comment:

  1. What is the name of the pattern? Never thought of doing a rag bag. Might be a good use of some of my flannel scraps. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails