Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Exchange Bocks from Piecemakers

While I was away in California, the Piecemakers Bee meet for Christmas in July and our yearly blocks exchange. This year, we each choose our own focus fabric and provided a 10 inch square for each other person. Mine is the green/brown swirl that you see in each block below.

Next we each choose a pattern to make for everyone else. Danielle was the keeper of the list and made sure that each person selected a different block. Next, we added fabrics as we wanted to each person's focus fabric and made a block for them.

Some people gave directions like "don't use white, please only use batiks" and other guidance. They were all easy to work with and a lot of fun. I posted the fabrics I got back in January in this post. Some were more of a challenge than others.




I choose a simple block to make - Sawtooth Star. The block I made for myself is in the first photo, on the bottom right. I have 16 blocks to work with. I also have a couple of yards more focus fabric that I can use. I am thinking of ways to put them on point but in order to do that I need a couple of more blocks. Not sure if I want to do that. I kind of like the idea of every block being a swap block.

There are a few touches of colors in some of the blocks but most people seemed to stick with brown and green. I guess I just need to look at them for a while before figuring out what to do with them. We are challenged to have a completed quilt for our December meeting. If you have any ideas on how to put them together, please let me know.


1 comment:

  1. those are really nice.
    very celtic looking to me.
    {which i'm obsessed with!}

    can't wait to see completed pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails