Sunday, July 06, 2008

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler - Elm Creek Club

We have an Elm Creek Club at Tiny Stitches. We meet on the first Sunday of each month. This year we are working on Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. We started in January so this is our 7th month. Each month we "assign" 4-6 blocks. There are 140 blocks in the quilt so this isn't really a one year project.

Following are the blocks of some of the club members.

The ones above are soft colors and lovely.

These are a little brighter but still very color coordinated. She is using batiks on a background of Southern Belle in cream.

Wanda is doing hers in 30's prints.


Cyndi started late so has some catching up to do but her blocks are wonderful.


The blocks above are all hand pieced. She is determined to make the whole quilt by hand.

Mine is going very slowly. I am using batiks on Southern Belle also, but my Southern Belle is white instead of cream. I have already posted all my blocks since I haven't actually made any in the last couple of months.

I assigned 6 new blocks this month - I guess I should actually make some of them.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely variety of Elm Creek blocks. It will certainly take a while, with the number of blocks in the quilt. I just piecing my top together, but it doesn't have all the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails