Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Piecemakers Exchange Fabric

OK - here are the fabrics that I got yesterday for this year's challenge for Piecemakers. Each person gave a 10 inch square to each other person. We will all make the same block for each other person, using their fabric.

It is really interesting to see all the different fabrics that people selected for their blocks. I chose a relatively simple block and won't have problems with any of the fabrics but some people are finding it even more of a challenge than others.


The three fabrics above belong to one person. I guess she doesn't trust us to add our own fabrics to her selection.


Cats were a popular theme, along with batiks. At least two people selected Christmas quilts.


The lime green and brown fabric is mine and it really goes nicely with Nancy's that is right next to it.


Here is the last. Now to get organized so that I can make them a few at a time and not wait until my usual last minute rush. The finished blocks are due to be exchanged in July at our Christmas in July party so I do have plenty of time. I bought a couple of great plastic organizers at JoAnn's today and plan to use one to store the fabric and completed blocks. I guess I can't show the blocks as I finish them because some of the Piecemakers actually read my blog so will show them in July.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of those fabrics -- and isn't it amazing how much quilters differ in their fabric selections?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails