Friday, June 01, 2007

Magic Happens

Here is the 4 patch kaleidoscope quilt put together before it gets turned on point. I was downstairs in the longarm studio cutting it when the electricity went out. It was out for about 1 1/2 hours throughout the neighborhood. No idea what happened but it came back before it got real dark. Of course, since the longarm is in the basement it was very dark. Fortunately, my hubby found a flashlight and came down to give me enough light to make it upstairs.



The pattern I am following for this quilt is kind of like Simply Squares. You put the setting triangles into the quilt as squares and then cut them at an angle to put the quilt on point.


Here is the quilt after being cut and resewn. I need to add a small inner border of the black fabric used for the sashing and then an outer border of the original fabric. I really love this quilt. You can't tell by the photo but the setting squares are black polka dots on white.


Here is a closeup of some of the blocks. It is fasinating how the different blocks turn out. Makes you look at fabric in a whole new way.

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is striking. I love the black and white fabrics. Isn't it amazing the variety of patterns that emerge from just one fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great quilt. I am trying to stufy it to see how you put it on point!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails