Tuesday, June 12, 2007

House Block Exchange

Well, we did the house block exchange on Monday. 15 people completed the blocks so we got one of our own, 11 made by others and didn't get 3 of them. The photo above is the group that I did receive. It is interesting to see how people interputed the challenge of using black and white backgrounds (I got 7 dark and 5 light backgrounds), use of the yellow focus fabric in each block and the house pattern everyone chose. They all go together well. There are two that are a little different from the rest - the log cabin (bottom row, second from left) is not out of the same bright colors as the rest and the 5 little houses in a circle (third row, second from right) but they still look good when added to the rest of the blocks.




These three are blocks that I did not get in my 12. I like them but we could only get 12 blocks, not all 15 since we only made 12.

The size seems to be very good - they were supposed to be 10 inch blocks, measuring 10 1/2 inches when swapped. The circle of houses is slightly larger but easily cut down. Size of blocks can be a problem with swaps but not this time.

Next step is to decide what to do with them - I think I will get some of Sharyn Craig's books out and look at some of her inventive settings before deciding. The goal is that we all complete the quilts by the December meeting and then put them in the Bullock Hall Quilt Show in the Spring.

8 comments:

  1. What fun blocks and it looks like everyone was very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the houses...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These house blocks are terrific, I love all the bright colours! The black and white kaliedescope is stunning! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute houses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out lovely. I will check back to see what you end up doing with tem. I like that they are so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea...the house blocks. They will make a great little community. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blocks are great and I like it that each is different from the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great houses! Looking forward to seeing the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails