Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Selvage Cup

At the retreat we were each given a cup to decorate.  Since I have been collecting selvages for a long time and I had a basket at retreat to collect them from everyone, I decided to use them to decorate my cup.

0309-Salvage-Cup-Back 0309-Salvage-Cup-Front

I really like how it turned out!

My sister Robin made a selvage steno book cover and posted it on her blog.  I guess I will have to make one of these next (unless she decides to send one to me – hint, hint)

5 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea...I want to start collecting selvages also since I have seen some the creative ways to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. It's a shame to waste even a tiny bit of fabric. I love the way it turned out too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just love this and sent it to my quilting group! creative and practical! Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this!

    *hugs*
    jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda,
    What a nice cup. I would use it for my morning tea, then I'd be inspired to sew and not get anything else done! What else is new? I like your blog.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mug. I have a travel mug around here somewhere that I could do the same thing. Guess I better go look for it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails