Monday, August 19, 2013

Design Wall Monday–August 19, 2013

I am ready to quilt the Royal Gardens purple top so I am moving on to the black one.  We are going to make this color into a smaller quilt.  Here is what I have been playing with so far.

0813 Small Royal Gardens

The blocks look quite different on point.  I still need three more blocks before I can put them together.  I am waiting until then to decide which blocks to put the dark on and which to put the light on.  I put the light around the bottom block on the left and it disappeared so I took it off.  The background of the block was too close to the color of the light on the outside of the blocks.  Since I am not sure what the other blocks will look like, I need to wait.  The other three blocks should be done by Wednesday so I can hopefully get this put together and decide on the borders.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times – lots of inspiration there.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Oh what wonderful blocks! Great fabric choices. Is there a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning block! I like your setting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails