Monday, November 08, 2010

Design Wall Monday–November 8, 2010

I finally have something new on my design wall but the photo is sort of fuzzy.  Sorry about that.

These are test blocks for a new Saturday Sampler series.  The ones on the left have black and white or white and black polka dot backgrounds and bright scrappy houses with green grass.  The ones on the left are the same blocks but done in black Kona Cotton and a single tone on tone.  They have an Amish look to them.

If we decide to use these, I will need to remake them in the actual fabric we are going to use.  I like them so far.

For more design walls, go to Judy’s blog here.

Melinda

8 comments:

  1. ohhhh! I love houses. Houses and squares. And circles.....well, maybe I like them all.
    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both but I think I like the black ones the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of using both the dark and light backgrounds - like Night and day. I've always loved house quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it would be hard to decide on just ONE colorway. Great job, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're both nice -- but I really love the look of the single tone on tone! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't decide which is my favorite. I think the purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute house blocks. I love the polka dots. I am definitely going to have to make one of those someday. So many possibilities for playing with fabrics and embellishments. Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, houses - love'm! With polka dots on top - nice!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails