Monday, November 22, 2010

Design Wall Monday–November 22, 2010

Two projects are on my design wall today.  On the right is the doll quilt for the Allatoona holiday exchange.  Isn’t it amazing how much smaller the quilt gets when it is sewn together.  I figured out that the quilt will be 13 1/2 by 18 when finished and will include 216 triangles.  I must be crazy!

On the left is the Piecemakers challenge using the 60 degree triangles that I cut out of the string blocks we exchanged this summer.  In the center is a beautiful embroidery piece that my friend Barb gave me last week.  My idea right now is to put this embroidery in the center of the quilt, surrounded by the rest.  Need to work on it after I finish a couple of other things.

For other design walls, go to Judy’s blog.

Melinda

11 comments:

  1. Both projects look very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such tiny pieces in the doll quilt, but it's very cute. The green and black is very sophisticated. Great idea to use the emboridered piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green & black quilt. I really want to see your process on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are intriguing! Can't wait to see how you incorporate that beautiful embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vibrant color up on your wall today!! Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both wonderful. Still lovin the black and green

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the quilts - I have been wanting to do something with triangles- I think you have given me the nudge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sewing does shrink everything a lot! This is a really sweet doll quilt. Wish I could see the embroidery better but it's looking great with your string blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really Really NICE!!! Love the green and black one

    ReplyDelete
  10. there's that lime green and black--love that combination!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing but angles. I really like the one on the right.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails