Sunday, January 10, 2010

UFO #4 – Allatoona 2009 BOM

Nancy at Patchwork Penguin organized another UFO challenge and I decided to join in.  We were to select 10 UFOs and each month she will chose a number for us to work on.  January’s number is #4 which is my Allatoona BOM from 2009.  I have been slowly working on the quilt all last year but really want to finish it.

1009-BOM-2009

As a reminder, here is the original pattern we received last January.  I have all the four patch blocks done, all the log cabin blocks done and as of today have 8 of the 12 stars done.  I made two Lemoyne Stars tonight after I made pumpkin bread for the Piecemakers Bee meeting tomorrow.  I was supposed to make pumpkin roll but with all the excitement of the refrigerator fiasco I didn’t get that done but did manage to do a couple of loaves of pumpkin bread.  It looks pretty good.

Back to the BOM.  It is a two color quilt and my background is dark – black with white and my focus color is lime green.  Here are the two blocks I finished tonight.

 

I  have 4 more stars to make and then the dreaded feathered star for the center.  I decided early on to make it very scrappy and have discovered that it is a lot more work to cut scrappy than it would have been with just a few fabrics.

I have most of the rest on the design wall so will post that tomorrow for design wall Monday.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. While it may be more work, I am loving your scrappy blocks! Who can't love lime & White on black?

    (Now for me to consider working on my super scrappy dark & light blue quilt... Oh yeah, cutting it scrappy is a lot of work.)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails