Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Last Two Stars Completed

I finished the Ohio Stars which means that I need to work on the feathered star for the center of the quilt.  Here are the last two stars for the quilt.

I started on the feathered star.  Lisa gave me an EQ6 paper pieced pattern and I think I am going to use it.  The other way is just too complicated to make scrappy.  I started one section of the star but took out more than I sewed.  It takes me a while to remember how to paper piece.  I have a lot of trouble with the backwards, upside down thinking that is required.  Once I get going I do fine so hopefully it will go quicker than the start this afternoon.

I am getting excited about this quilt.  I might sew some of the sections together tomorrow just to see what it is looking like.

Melinda

4 comments:

  1. The stars look amazing Melinda - I can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stars look great. As I recall I think you were the first one to teach me how to paper piece so I know it will come back to you. I think it's definitely the way to go. Trying to do all those little half square triangles has got to be hard. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are terrific! Good luck on your feathered star, can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have no idea how much this scrappy white on black with lime color sceme excites me.

    (I may have to take a few more stitches on my scrappy black (incl. white on black & colors on black but all are supposed to read as black - I gave myself "some" leeway...) background with brights Jacob's Ladder quilt...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails