Maetha and Henry decided to go up to Amicalola Falls last night and while they were still on the road, it became evident that we needed to cancel the retreat. I spent the next hour or so calling everyone and found that there was a group of people who went up yesterday and were already there.
Maetha and Henry finally arrived safely at the lodge and were greeted by about 12 people who had gone up yesterday although the retreat wasn’t scheduled to start until noon today. Since it isn’t safe for the rest of us to travel up there and the ones up there can’t leave, Maetha will let them sew and do the mystery quilt but the rest of the retreat is on hold.
All the schools are closed today and we are also closing the shop. It isn’t safe for anyone to be out on the road today.
I know for those that are used to snow are probably laughing at us Southerners but we are not prepared for any snow or ice. The entire Atlanta area is very hilly. There isn’t a flat straight street anywhere. We also don’t have the infrastructure for ice and snow. There are some trucks that go out with a gravel/salt mix but only on the major highways. Unfortunately the weather is so cold that nothing is melting. The high scheduled for today is only 30 degrees. It isn’t scheduled to warm up until at least Sunday and then only into the higher 30’s.
Maybe I can get some sewing done here today. I think I might bake bread also.