Monday, January 04, 2010

Birthday Fat Quarters

The first guild meeting of January is tomorrow morning and we are starting a new year of birthday club.  We have about 35 people signed up and each month we bring a fat quarter to the birthday person.  Since we had a sale at Tiny Stitches over the weekend with fat quarters being buy one, get one free, I bought all the fat quarters for the year.

There were several requests for batiks, civil war and 30’s.  There are also a few color requests and I was able to find a fat quarter for each person.  I have them all stacked up with a note between each month so all I have to do each month is pick up the appropriate group for each month and I am ready to go.

We are also continuing our 10 inch square exchange.  We bring 12 10-inch squares to the meeting and they are swapped out during the meeting.  We do each type of fabric for 3 months so we end up with 36 10-inch squares each quarter.  The theme for the first quarter is 30’s fabrics, the second quarter is Dots (Hurray!), the third quarter is Neutrals and the fourth quarter will be Black and White.  I might skip the third quarter but I plan to double up during the second quarter.

Also, although my birthday isn’t until November, I have asked for bright dots and am already making plans for the fat quarters.

We really have fun at the Allatoona guild.  I am President again this year and am looking forward to another wonderful year.  We have a potluck lunch at our business meeting each month and I just finished a sour cream poppy seed cake to take for my contribution.  I hope to have lots of photos to share tomorrow.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Great idea with the bd fqs! Hope you bought one for yourself. ;-)
    Your baptist fans look great. I'm excited to try my hand at them. I think it will be my new favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talked to Mary Ellen and she said she enjoyed the guild today. I'm counting the days until we get together at Red Top. I'm soooo excited.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails