I finished up two customer quilts yesterday and delivered them last night. The first one is from Mary.
It is wall hanging size and she told me to quilt it how ever I wanted to. Of course I put feathers in the borders.
Some circles ended up in the middle narrow border and then I did a dense background.
I did continuous curve in the 1/2 square triangles that make up the star. I switched threads, using a variegated King Tut in the triangles and a cream for the background fill. I like how it turned out.
I think this design would look great with selvages instead of the dark batiks. I might have to try that!
The next quilt is by Kim, who is Mary’s daughter. It is a panel quilt of Santa.
Once again, feathers in the borders!
I used several different texture stitches for the panel. Hope you enjoy seeing these two quilts – I enjoyed quilting them.