Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Make and Take

I taught an all day class on Sunday at the shop.  The topic was Make and Take for Christmas gifts and decorations.  We started with bagels and cream cheese at 9:30 and started the first project – a Christmas screen tote bag.

We then moved on to a tiny bag that is just the right size for gift cards or to hang on a tree.  It is made from 5 charm squares.

As we were working on other projects we started making yo-yos for the little Christmas Tree.  Everyone got some yo-yos made but I don’t think anyone finished their tree.

Next was a paper pieced mug rug.  I took a big bag of selvages for them to use to decorate their trees. 

The last project was the most complex one.  It will be a log cabin pillow when finished.  Here is the top of one of the pillows.

The pieces were all precut so it went together pretty fast.

At lunch time we had pasta, breadsticks and salad.  Sue (one of the students) brought wonderful cookies and an apple cake.  I had purchased some of the frozen eclairs and cream puffs. We had them in the afternoon.

By 5pm we were packed up and ready to move on.  A good time was had by all, including me.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Holiday time already. I'm feeling behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize the polka dots in that first project -- I fondled some of it today -- it's Robert Kaufman's, isn't it?! What fun projects -- sounds like the perfect day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look like great projects. Wish I was there, it looked like a really fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melinda, those projects are all so cute! I am really looking forward to seeing what you will be doing in Special Projects for AQG. Your stuff always looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day you had. Love the mesh bags and the Christmas tree is so cute. I can see that decorating a holiday table.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails