Friday, November 30, 2012

Easy Street

I have been tempted by Easy Street but don’t have much time to sew.  I gathered up fat quarters and scraps to use and decided to start each clue and just take baby steps. Finding green in my stash isn’t hard.

I didn’t have as much purple and turquoise so picked up some fat quarters.

I have even more white and black.  I seem to use them all the time.  I didn’t have grey so picked up a couple of yards.  Here are the first few four patches.

I am using these as leaders/enders so hopefully they will just appear over time. How is that for a plan!

I used the rulers that Bonnie recommends and cut the first few flying geese parts.  I only got four of them put together but I think I will like this method.

Lots of sewing to be done but no time – baby steps!

Melinda

4 comments:

  1. I was so tempted but so far I've restrained myself. We'll see how long that last. Love all your fabric choices. It should be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it, I don't know how much I will get done but at least a bit of each step (I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps, just remember to print or save the PDF files, and when you get it finished you get it finished. It isn't a race. I am still working on last years mystery. I hope to have it done, by the time the last clue for this one is out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have started, too. I have 160 4 patches done and enough strips sewn together to finish. I will start on the geese on Sunday. I don't have a lot going on right now so I am going to try to get caught up and then keep up. Wanna bet on that? Me neither.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails