Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stash Report–Week 38, 2012

I think I am giving up on stash reports – at least for this year.  I have not made much progress about using my stash and have made too much progress about adding to it.  I plan to work on organizing my sewing room over the next few months and will be able to get my stash so I actually know what I have and will hopefully be able to use it more effectively.

Hopefully next year, I can make progress on using my stash, not just adding to it.

On another note, here is my finished Sampler quilt hanging in the shop waiting for the class this week.

0912 Sampler Savvy

To check out stash reports, go to Patchwork Times.

Melinda

5 comments:

  1. Giving up? I don't always go in a "used" direction either.

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up. This is just a way to keep track not a race. For me keeping track of added fabrics, helps me know what colors I buy and when. It helped me see that I was a stress buyer so I stopped shopping when I was stressed. Keeping track of used fabrics, helped me realize that I really did use fabric a bit at a time. Great thing is I don't have to count fabric on hand. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, don't give up. I'm in the same position as you, I just don't blog as much about it. Actually, I find that keeping a stash report keeps me a little more focused on what fabric to buy. I usually buy stuff I need to finish a project or to go with a project. I don't buy any fabric just because I like it. There will always be more fabric that I like. And I'm so particular about matching fabric that I don't want to buy a piece and then have to search like a crazy person to find that co-ordinating fabric years later. Also, from doing this stash report, I keep a record of the quilts I've made on a spread sheet. I can go back from when I started doing a stash report and find out when I made certain quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel Melinda! But I just decided to call mine a Stash Enhancement Report LOL!!! I still like keeping track of what is coming in and how I am using it. I would never do that without the stash reports - I know me!!! If you need to take a break, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked Teresa's attitude so much, that's the direction I've decided to go with. Enhancement. Yeah. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails