Saturday, October 29, 2011

Maria Elkins

Maria was the speaker at guild yesterday and I really enjoyed her presentation.  She had both slides and real quilts to share.  She is teaching a class again today and will be heading back to Ohio when it is over.  Once she gets home, she will be on a plane to Houston where she has been notified that her quilt is one of the top eight winners.  I can’t wait to hear what happens.

Here are a few of the quilts she showed yesterday.

She had more quilts with her but Pam was there and willing to show me how to do Magic Loop for my next socks so I stopped taking pictures and played with yarn instead.  I think I might have actually learned something.

Here are more of the quilts from the Thursday workshop.

 

You might recognize the last one as Bobby Cox, the retired manager of the Atlanta Braves.  This portrait was made by the granddaughter of my friend Jan.  It is the first attempt at anything quilty.  Didn’t she do a wonderful job – actually, everyone did a wonderful job.

I am teaching a Patchwork, Pizza, and Puzzlement class from 5 to midnight tonight so have the day off.  Unusual for a Saturday!

Bill is driving home from Missouri where he visited his Mother and the rest of his family.  I am anxious for him to get home.  He should be here in a couple of hours.

Melinda

4 comments:

  1. G'day Melinda. All I can say is "WOW". They are all so beautiful. It makes you realise that there are so many talented people out there. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow those quilts are really amazing! So glad I got the chance to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Thanks for sharing about my lecture! I had a great time at your guild. I posted about it at http://mariaelkins.com/index.php/2011/10/trunk-show-for-ecqg/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:57 PM

    groovy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails