Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jelly Roll Quilt

It seems like everyone has made a jelly roll quilt but me.  I was feeling left out so I got out a jelly roll and put this together.  I have a bright pink for an inner border and one of the floral prints for an outside border.  I sewed the strips together as leaders and enders but sewing the whole thing together took a long time for the first seam.  I didn’t think the strips would ever end.  I think I will get Cuddle for the backing.

Actually, I quite like it.

Melinda

7 comments:

  1. They are really great aren't they. I have a top made here that I am going to quilt and donate to a rafle my daughter's Officer Wives group is having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. me and a friend made ours at the same time-fun. I really like how everyone quilts theirs differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I love the colors in this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it and the new banner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope you were not alone. (Damn I had to type that like 5 times - why oh why did I not take typing in school?) When they first came out (back with the charms were packaged in tins) I bought a couple - I sent them on to someone else to love.
    Meanwhile, I have a shop made Kaffe jelly roll - waiting impatiently fo rme to do "something" with it. (& I used a Kona Jelly roll as if it were scraps.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definately not alone. I have purchased my jelly roll, but not yet made the top. Too many other things in the works at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your's reminds me of mine, bright and fun looking. I, too, added two borders: it is in line to be a charity quilt. I am tinking of a second one using black and white, maybe with a little yellow thrown in.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails