Monday, October 24, 2011

Design Wall Monday–October 24, 2011

I finished my last embroidery block for Winter Wonderland last night – at least I thought I had finished it.  I went upstairs to the sewing room and started pressing all the blocks, trimming them to the correct size and sewing them together.  The last block I worked on was the last one I was ready to trim.  Here it is – before trimming.

When I started to trim it, I thought something was wrong.  Apparently I forgot to trace three more little snowflakes.  So this morning, I stitched the last snowflakes and you can see it completed in the center of the next photo.

Some of the blocks are sewn together and I should be able to complete the sewing tonight.  I then will add the first border and it will be ready to do a fly stitch on all of the seams.

At a sew-in last week, I started cutting the star blocks.  I have been making little kits of the star blocks so hopefully if I have a little time, I can get one block done at a time.  There are 23 star blocks and then some filler blocks.  I am actually believing I will have a quilt some day soon.

I think I am going to take an embroidery break after the fly stitch and knit some socks.

For more design walls, check out Judy L’s blog here.

6 comments:

  1. Melinda, this is wonderful -- your blue work is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhh my goodness...thi sis going to be one awesome quilt~!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue stitchery. It's going to look gorgeous with the blue star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Just love blue stitchery. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an accomplishment! I've had this pattern for a couple of years and have finished only 2 of the patterns (in red). Just another UFO in my pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking lovely. I hope to do some Crabapple Hill patterns in my future also.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails