Saturday, December 25, 2010

White Christmas

We are having a White Christmas.  It started snowing a couple of hours ago and keeps on going.  According to the local weatherman, the last time it snowed on Christmas day in Atlanta was 1882 – over a hundred years ago.

I got up and made a pumpkin roll and since we had overripe bananas, I also made a loaf of banana nut bread.  I started the cheese sauce for cheesy potatoes.  While I was doing this, Bill was getting sicker and sicker.  I think it is just a bad cold but I finally called and cancelled our appearance at dinner with friends.  He would be miserable but more important, I didn’t want him to infect everyone else.

I had purchased a ham a couple of days ago because they were on sale so I got it out and stuck it in the oven.  We won’t go hungry.  I had planned on cooking it tomorrow but today will work.

Still snowing out – it is pretty but the doggies don’t like it.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Bill isn't feeling well but cheesy potatoes and ham sound good. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although it is too bad you had to cancel your dinner plans, it looks like a good day to stay in and be warm. We are visiting family south of Atlanta near Macon and haven't seen any snow yet. Just cold, wet rain. My kids are hoping though, being from Florida they have never seen "real" snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:08 AM

    Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hope you can join the festivities and do some celebrating soon.
    Thank you so much for my beautiful gifts. I'm blogging about it now.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails