Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow in the South

It snowed lightly most of the day yesterday but there was no accumulation.  When I got up this morning, this is what I saw.

Not much compared to many areas but it is snow.  I don’t think it has accumulated any more but continues to lightly snow off and on.  It is cold!

One more thing to show.  At the guild meeting on Friday, Pat gave out little gifts to everyone serving on the Executive Committee during 2010.

Pat made Big Chicken needlecases for everyone.  I love mine.  For those who do not know what the Big Chicken is you can read about it here.  Just last night we heard on TV an ad that talked about something being 2 miles north of the Big Chicken.  It is quite a local landmark.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. BRRRRRR!!! Stay inside today, stay warm and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is a big chicken. I love the needle cases. So cute and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the Big Chicken from my years in Marietta. It was one of those great local places. Although I was there during the controversy over whether to rebuild it when a wind storm (?) knocked it down. So glad they did. Yikes that is way too cold for "before" winter.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails