Sunday, November 15, 2009

Binding Class

I taught a binding class today.  There were four students and they did a great job.  I used pre-quilted fabric and made kits for them.  The kit included the placemat cut to size, 1/4 yard of fabric for the binding and matching thread for the hand sewing.

This class was for straight grain binding, Joyce teaches bias binding which I don’t usually use on my quilts.  I like the way it looks with striped fabric and sometimes use it because it looks better.  Of course you need to use it on curved edges like my journal cover.  The bias was necessary for the curve on the front but it was also great for the stripe.

Here are the placemats in progress.

I demonstrated on my little Christmas YoYo Tree quilt so all I have to do to finish it is to complete the handwork.  I quilted it this morning.  I was able to find binding that I could use straight grain but looks like it is bias.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails