Monday, November 09, 2009

Advent Swap

I joined in an international Advent Swap.  The rules say that we wrap and send 25 small gifts to our partner, including a handmade Christmas gift to open on Christmas day.  My partner is in Italy and we definitely have a language barrier.  Fortunately she has a daughter that speaks English and has done some translation for us.  I have her blog on my Google reader but the English translation that Google provides leaves a lot of room for imagination.  I can tell she does beautiful work because thankfully the photos don’t need translation.

Here is Dorianda’s blog – check out her beautiful stitching.  She sent me a note last week saying that my package was on the way.  The sending deadline was today and I managed to just make it in time.  When I got home from the post office, her package was in my mailbox.

First here are the packages she sent me.

and here is the box of gifts for her, just before I sealed it up.

Now all I have to do is wait until December 1 to open the first present.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Geez it's going to be hard waiting until the 1st December!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun. Let us see starting 12/1

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails