Thursday, October 07, 2010

Beginning Machine Piecing – Evening Class 1

Wow!  There are 9 people in the evening class.  One of the students is a fairly recent employee and she was a great help last night.

We got a lot done and most of them can now sew a 1/4” seam relatively consistently. We also worked on cutting and pressing.  There should be a bunch of good looking rail fence blocks next week.  I will be out at the Georgia Quilt Show next week so I have arranged for Michele to substitute for me for the evening class.  I will teach in the morning and then go out to Gwinnett to the show.  I am teaching two classes out there – one on Thursday and one on Friday.

Here are the fabrics that the evening class is starting out with.

What a wonderful collection of quilts we are going to have in a few weeks.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could say I have pretty straight quarter inch seams - sometimes that just won't happen no matter what I do. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails