Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Shop Sample Quilted for Fourth of July

There was a slight emergency at the quilt shop with a quilt needing to be quickly quilted in order to have it as a sample for the Fourth of July.  It needs to have prairie points added to the border so it had to be quilted up to 1 inch away from the edge.  I quilted it yesterday and took it in today so Mary can add the prairie points.

0609 Fourth of July Quilt for Tiny Stitches

0609 Fourth of July Block 

0609 Fourth of July closeup

Barb made the quilt top, I quilted it and Mary is going the prairie points.  How is that for a partnership!

I said I was just going to meander it but once I got it on the machine, I decided it needed a little more.  I found a red, white and blue variegated thread on my rack and used that – it turned out nice.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. This is a lovely patriotic quilt. Great job!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous!

    BTW - I'm hosting a give away on my blog for an EZ View Desktop. It's awesome for anyone crafty. I think you'd love it to organize your fabrics or sewing supplies. Come over and check it out - http://queenoftheclan.blogspot.com/2009/06/summer-time-give-away-ez-view-desktop.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty quilting. I am enjoying looking through your postings.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails