Monday, July 20, 2009

Getting Ready for Christmas in July

Christmas in July is coming up and as soon as I arrived in California I decided to get one project make so that all that would be left is to quilt it after I get back home.  Here is the cover of the pattern.  I had cut all the kits and had my kit ready to go.  It is a panel quilt with pieced borders and went together very easily except that the panel was NOT as large as they told you to cut it.  I hate patterns that start out that way. 

 

0609 Christmas Pattern

I was able to fit everything together by just taking slightly larger seams.

0709 Christmas Panel Quilt

Here is the finished top.  I really like the non-traditional colors and patterns.  Once it is quilted, the panel will look like it is pieced.  Quick and easy – just what I was looking for.

I had planned on working on two projects while I was gone but due to stupidity on my part ( forgot one of the kits), I worked on the same quilt for my sister.  She decided to make a larger quilt so we each made nine blocks.  At least that was the intent but because Robin was teaching, I ended up making all 18 blocks.  I will have to get her to photograph them for me next week.  It will be the Christmas Quilt for her bed when finished.   This week she is busy getting ready to vend at the Long Beach Quilt Show.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails