Monday, February 12, 2007

More Purses from Class

Here is a purse made from bright fabrics. It is lined with lime green!

This one is a tote bag. She used a mola on the front of it and hand quilted both the front and back.


Here is a batik bag that really turned out great.


I have been teaching bags for quite a while at Tiny Stitches - usually concentrating on one pattern for all of the students. I have started something new called Choose Your Own Bag. Each student can pick a pattern and I will help them make the bag they choose. I limit the number of students to 5 and I have time to help each of them.

This has worked out well so I also teach a Choose Your Own Jacket class. Same concept, only jackets.

On Wednesday I am teaching pajama pants - that will be a fun class. For some reason I seem to get elected to teach the non-quilt classes. During this quarter I am teaching the pajama pants, jackets, purses, postcards and one quilt - the Wacky Devine Nine.

I have pieced most of the turquoise and brown quilt and should be able to finish the top tomorrow or Wednesday. It is turning out great!

3 comments:

  1. These purses are awesome! The choices of fabric by the makers are really fun. Making the mola into a purse is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really been interesting in making bags but these are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful purses! I like them all.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails