My actual design wall looks the same as last week. I have sewn a few more blocks together but it still needs work. Hopefully I can finish it this week.
I did finish a quilt top and a quilt this week. First the quilt top.
This started out last week as a Urban Cowgirl jelly roll. I sewed all the strips together end to end and then did the jelly roll race sewing. First sewed the long strip together in a long 800 inch seam. Sewed again making a 400 inch seam, then 200, then 100, then 50. At that point, I cleaned up the edges and cut the whole thing into three strips. I added sashing and turned the middle strip upside down. Sounds confusing but it was very easy and gives it a different look – also makes a larger quilt. Added borders and it is ready for quilting.
Lastly, I quilted and bound the Scrappy Bargello quilt. I actually made it in 2008 in a class with Bonnie Hunter. It sat around for all this time waiting for a border before I realized it didn’t need one. Quilted it with overall feathers and it it finished! Here it is hanging out in the front yard (the neighbors think I am crazy).
For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times. Lots of eye candy!