Saturday, December 12, 2009

ORT Jars and Potluck

I taught the guild members to make ORT jars yesterday.  It was our Holiday brunch and we did ORT jars as a make and take project.  We had almost 100 people there and most of them worked on an ORT jar.  The tutorial to make them is on the left side of my blog if you want to make one yourself.

The yellow sheets of paper are the guidelines I printed out for them.  The directions in the tutorial are much more detailed with photos but because I had to print them out, I took the photos out.

Before the make and take project, we had our apron exchange.  I will take a photo of the one I received tomorrow when there is more light.  Bella and I exchanged aprons and she seemed to be happy with the selvage one I made.  Bella made hers out of denim and I love it.

We also had a potluck – what a feast!

This is just a small part of the food tables.  You can’t imagine how much food there was and how good it was.  I made a banana nut cake from a Paula Deen recipe and it turned out good.  I brought home a small amount of cake but didn’t get any of it – Bill ate it all while I was at work in the afternoon.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails