Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fiber Art Fusion Christmas Meeting/Dinner

Tonight was the December meeting of the Fiber Art Fusion group. We had dinner at a local restaurant. For the gift exchange, we each made a small piece of art and then drew numbers to select a gift. Of course, they were all wrapped.

The piece was supposed to by 5x7 which is a good size to play with. Not too big and not too small. Here is the one I made.

First I started with some yellow hand-dyed fabric and fused it to Timtex. Next I added fusible web and put lots of thread snips on it. As I quilt customer quilts, I put all the thread scraps in a plastic box. I dug through the box and put sections of different colors on top of the yellow background.

Next, I added some larger thread pieces of a variegated perle cotton. Then I got into the confetti and scattered it around the piece. Lastly, I topped it with a piece of netting to hold it all down.

Now the fun began. I selected different stitches on my Pfaff and using various rayon threads, played with the stitches. I really like the little diamonds in the right lower corner. Lastly, I trimmed it to the correct size and added satin stitching to finish off the outer edge.

This is the one I that received. It is mostly needle felted and made by Paula. On the back she wrote "I am running hot and cold". Isn't it great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails