Monday, March 10, 2008

Bulloch Hall Quilt Show and Piecemakers

Today was our usual day for my Piecemakers Bee group meeting. Since 10 of our house quilts were displayed at the Bulloch Hall Quilt Show, we decided to make this meeting into a road trip to the show.







My block is the second one from the top on the right hand side. It is in a few other quilts but since we had more people than 12, each of us ended up with a slightly different set of blocks.




The last one is Nancy's and it was on the cover of a section of the Atlanta Journal Constitution yesterday, along with a few other quilts from the show. This quilt show is held at Bulloch Hall which is the childhood home of Theodore Roosevelt's mother. The house was built in 1839 and survived the Civil War or as it is known in the South as the War Between the States.

I didn't get my quilt finished or even pieced but it is still on my list of projects to work on.


1 comment:

  1. Oh - these house quilts are great!! After much consideration, I think my favourite is the last one. I particularly like the HST sashing and the trees, especially the palm which gives it an unexpectedly quirky edge :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails