Monday, May 28, 2007

Guild Challenge/Gwen Marsten Workshop

When Gwen Marsten was here last month, she taught two workshops. I posted a few pictures from her liberated string workshop. She also taught liberated stars. For that one I used my usual lime green with some of my extensive black and white collection. They turned out to be 6 inch blocks and I think I will use them in my guild challenge. They are going to go in the border if my idea works out. I have 9 competed blocks and will need 7 more.




These are a lot of fun to make. I only had 3 lime green fabrics with me but will use some different ones for the rest of the blocks.



In the center, I am going to fuse a vase of flowers and use jumbo rickrack for the stems, along with buttons for the center of the flowers. That will take care of the embellishment part of the challenge. For the stripe, I plan to use that in my sashing or perhaps in the background of the applique block.



I drew up a preliminary plan in EQ6 but have other things I need to get completed before I can spend more time on this project.



I also found time to put the sashing on some of the four-patch blocks but hubby called from work and wanted me to go to lunch with him so that took a chunk of time out of my day. Tomorrow the guild is making cool ties for the soldiers in Iraq so I will be busy again.

2 comments:

  1. Love, Love, LOVE the lime green! Then again -- I think lime green is a neutral color, but love it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color combo is fantastic. And the block design is perfect for the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails