Monday, May 07, 2007

Fairies for Hanna




Well, the color challenge is done. The crayons that I picked match the pink and purple used for the attic windows.

The fabric line included 6 1/2 inch motifs of fairies and a cute border print. I decided to use both to make the quilt as a shop sample and eventually to give to my 6 year old granddaughter Hanna. Hanna lives in Sweden so I don't get to see her very often but we all all going on a Mexican cruise this summer. I have the Noah's Ark quilt for her little brother Noah and I have fabric to make a train quilt for my other grandson Emilio. So I am set for little gifts for the cruise for each of them - at least I will be when I actually get Emilio's quilt made.

Here is a close up of one of the cute fairies and my mitered pink and purple attic windows. I designed the quilt in EQ6 and finished writing up the pattern today. I will cut kits for it this weekend and it will hang in the shop for a couple of months.

I quilted it with Minkee on the back - Minkee is such a great feeling for a backing of any quilt and I absolutely love the way it looks when quilted. I used a panto called curling feathers - one of my favorites.

Tomorrow is guild day where all the color challenges will be shown. I wrapped the little prizes this evening so all I need to do in the morning is make peach cobbler to take for the lunch potluck. I am going to use one of Paula Deen's recipes that sounds good and looked great when she cooked it on TV.


4 comments:

  1. What an adorable little quilt. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love it! I wanted the fabric, but the quilt shop in town never ordered it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fairies! You did a great job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a cute quilt. Any little girl would be very happy to have it. Good use of pink and purple.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails