Wednesday, December 27, 2006

One Last UFO for 2006

Here is a trip around the world quilt that I made several years ago, again at the bag ladies class at Tiny Stitches. I used to go almost every month but rarely actually finished the quilts. I am trying to get caught up with the ones that I have partially completed.

When I first got my Gammill, I quilted this and several others but never got the binding done. Of course, I have lost the fabric that I meant to bind the quilt with but I found a nice plain yellow that worked fine. I can't imagine why I don't get the binding put on after quilting but it has something to do with sewing it on by machine and struggling with the bulk of the quilt - I just avoid it as long as possible.

I really love the handwork part of binding, it is just the machine part that I dread. I am going to try to get the binding made when I finish the quilt top from now on so hopefully it won't take as long.

I used a feather panto on this quilt and it turned out great - it has a lot more yellow than the photo shows and is really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails