Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Gift from Mary

My friend Mary made this beautiful quilt for me for Christmas. She first made it for a sample for Tiny Stitches, where we both work. I fell in love with it and I guess she knew how much I liked it. I think she actually made a second one for me and kept the original for herself. How lucky I am to have her as a friend. We have a good time working at the quilt shop and also belong to a guild together.

The pattern for the quilt was from a recent Fons and Porter magazine. It is made with chenille and regular quilting fabric for the 4-patches. It is backed with flannel and does not have batting in it. It is the perfect size and weight for taking a nap - one of my favorite things to do. I have already tested it with a quick nap on the couch today.
The quilt shop got new carpet today and tomorrow I will be there bright and early to help put the fabric back. That should be a fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails