Sunday, June 25, 2006

Alphabetica Fatbook


A few months ago I found the Fatbooks group on Yahoo and have been hooked ever since. I love these little books. This one was based on the book Alphabetica by Lynne Perrella where she has wonderful examples of alphabet pages.

The ony rule for the pages (besides having them at the standard 4x4 inch size) was that you needed to include a stencil of the letter you chose on the page. I have a book of quilt wallpaper and used that as a basis for my page. I colleged the various papers on to a page, then copied it in color for the front and after adding my contact information, I copied it in black and white for the back. After printing, trimming and glueing, I had the 4x4 two sided pages. I then stenciled the letter Q for Quilts on the front of each page using my favorite color - lime greeen. Since I can't seem to stop, I then got out my swirl stamp and stamped a couple of swirls on each pages. That was probably enough but I had a bunch of small tags with Q on them so I punched a whole in the page and attached one to each page using some fun fibers.

Finally I decided they were done and mailed them off to the hostess. The book I got back was wonderful. The photos above are of the cover and then my pages. You can see the Q tag in the picture. This is so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails