Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Quilt Show is History until 2011

Well, the Quilt Show finished it’s run today.  We had a lot of excellent feedback and it was a success.  We will find out how financially successful we were in a couple of weeks, after all the expenses have been turned in.

The show comes down a lot faster than it goes up – I was able to leave the Civic Center with my quilts at 5:45.  Take down was complete and there were only a few quilts waiting to be picked up.

We tested a new hanging system like the big shows use – Houston and Paducah.  For us, I think it might be overkill especially since the cost is very high to purchase enough to hang all our quilts.  It was worth the test however.

The raffle quilt was won by a guild member.  I don’t think that has happened before.

Here are photos of the two ribbons won by quilts that I quilted.

0909 Honorable Mention

The ribbons were paper pieced by guild members.  I think they are beautiful!

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the ribbons, Melinda. I always love East Cobb's prize ribbons. They're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The previous post that I just deleted was meant for you, but is a message from your angel - I am just a middle person - sorry for the messup Melinda :-)
    It is tricky being an angel in the middle so your special angel does not show :-) Your angel need you to get in touch with her. She has sent you a mail a long time ago. Have you got it ?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails