I finally got all the blocks traced for Winter Wonderland and have finished the fourth block - Snow Angel. This is one of the smaller blocks and I have now started one of the largest ones so it will take me quite a while to finish it. I decided that I wanted to use a backing on the blocks but I had already finished 3 of them. I used fusible woven interfacing that we sell for making t-shirt quilts. It really works great for redwork (bluework?). I just fused it on the back of the ones I had finished and added to this one when I was about half done. It worked out well - better than I ever expected.
I am really liking the look of these blocks in blue. I think I will like this a lot more than the red that most people are doing.
I taught the third class of six in my beginning machine quilting class today - we made nine patches and also nine patch variations. It was so great to see the students so excited when their blocks actually turned out to be 6 1/2 inches.
After the class, I met with Janice who is the chair of the Raffle Quilt for ECQG. We are using a published pattern for the middle of the quilt (with the designers permission) and will use a different border. We have 40 different blocks and asked for volunteers to make one each. So far, over 32 people have volunteered and we assigned blocks today and split them up so we can call and arrange to get them to each person. Here is a link to the pattern on Lori's site. The colors we are using are a little brighter than the original. There is one 12 inch block that has 101 pieces in it - glad I am not making that one.