Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Quilt Show Pictures

Here are a couple of pictures of the guild demo area from the quilt show. I was in charge of this area and had a lot of fun doing it.
I brought rocking chairs from home, including my porch rockers. I also had a small floor frame with a preprinted wholecloth on it for visitors to try quilting. I brought my antique late 1800's crazy quilt and hung it in the middle of the area. I also brought quilts for the backs of the chairs and a small table and floor lamp. It looked very homey.

We had tables on each end of the area for information and demos. The most popular demo was when a guild member brought a hand crank machine. It seems like the men are fastinated by the hand crank. Also popular was the featherweight. I covered the tables with more quilts and my Y2K Christmas Hexagon quilt was very popular. I used 2000 1-inch hexagons and put it together all by hand in a traditional English Paper Piecing manner. It is a great quilt and I love having it on my bed for the month of December.
I can't find a photo of it on my computer but here is a link to my webshots where there are a couple of photos of it.

I taught a purse class tonight and some very cute purses were being made. I love teaching at the quilt shop - quilters are so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails