Saturday, September 15, 2007

Prize Winning Quilts

Here are my ribbons from the quilt show. Aren't they beautiful?


The quilt above was pieced by Charlotte and won second place in the Two-Person category. It is a wonderful quilt and quite well pieced. Each curved seam was flat and the bright stars are wonderful.

I quitled a feather border and chalked the spine for the first time. After chalking it, I did freehand feathers on it. In each of the different background fabrics, I did a different freehand fill. I used black thread for all of this. Also stitched in the ditch around the stars and on each side of the small inner border.

I then switched to a King Tut multi-colored thread and did each star as it spoke to me. They are all similar but different, if you know what I mean.

The above quilt by Jan won first price in the Two-Person category. This quilt started out in a workshop earlier this year by Sharyn Craig where we made glorified nine-patch blocks. Jan is so good with color and has a great imagination and is so much fun to quilt for. She added sashing to the quilt and set the blocks on point, creating a flower look.

I then quilted fern feathers in the red and did a continuous curve in the nine patches. In the outside border, I did a larger feather fern border. I used variegated black/white thread for the whole quilt.

Tomorrow is the last day of the show and I will take more photos then and post them. I have photos of my two individual entries and more of the other quilts that I quilted for others.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found your camera so you could show us your prize winning quilts. They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the ribbons for those beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails