Monday, September 11, 2006

Nashville AQS Quilt Show


As I have said before, I am a longarm quilter. I quilted the above two quilts that Jan pieced. I love quilting for her. She has such wonderful color and design sense, it is so much fun to quilt her quilts.

The top quilt is a lone star set with beautiful squares that almost make you lose the lone star when first looking at it. I love the use of lime green and black. It is a great quilt. The second one Jan calls "How Does My Garden Grow" and is hung with garden gloves. The center panel is a single piece of fabric and I quilted all around the flowers and had a great time.

Jan entered these quilts in the East Cobb Quilt Show last year and we received honorable mention for both of them. She decided to enter them in the Nashville show and they were both accepted. The photos show Jan and I at the show in Nashville. The photos were taken from an angle because of the way that the quilts were displayed.

We drove up with Nancy and Wendy on Wednesday morning really early. We saw the show on Wednesday and Thursday and then drove back again on Thursday afternoon/evening. It made for a couple of long days but was a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails